We’re Here to Help
You are here because you are looking for answers. As a mother, I have been in your shoes searching for answers, and as a tutor who has helped over 100 children get to grade-level reading, I know the answers are out there.
The leading reason children with struggle with reading, writing and spelling is that they are not able to quickly and accurately decode while reading. Our schools and chain learning centers focus on fluency and comprehension, and do not focus enough on the core reasons most children struggle: letter-sound fluency and decoding struggles. In addition, we screen all children for the most common reading problem: dyslexia
Aspire Academy provides:
- Dyslexia Screening to discover what is causing your child’s reading struggles
- Dyslexia Tutoring: We teach students to systematically crack the alphabetic code to become accurate, fluent readers.
- Free parent consultations to help you make the best decision
- Parent advocacy services to help parents interact with schools about the needs of their child (including 504s, IEPs and services available within private schools)
- Teacher Professional Development on the subject of dyslexia
We are centrally located in Urbandale, Iowa just west of Merle Hay Mall. We provide a home-like atmosphere and services where children feel comfortable and excel!
- Urbandale Father “I just heard your ad on the radio today. Heidi helped our son a few years ago, and we are very thankful!! He is almost done with his first semester at the University of Iowa majoring in Biomedical Engineering! The SDS office at Iowa also accepted his dyslexia documentation so he was granted extra time to take exams, leniency on spelling/grammar and a distraction-free testing environment. Thank you for all your help!”
- West Des Moines Family “Our family wants to thank you from the bottom of our heart! We were so glad fate had our paths cross at the right moment...our first grade son was struggling with reading and starting to dislike school. You helped us understand his unique challenges and with tutoring, you’ve helped him become a great reader. Perhaps more importantly, this built his academic confidence and ability to learn that will forever change his life path! We are so grateful we started him early, and had the guidance and care from you all. We are so proud he has graduated (4th grade) - but I know he will actually miss seeing his friends at tutoring; he really came to love going! Thank you for being an incredible resource at just the right time! And please do use this testimonial, and refer folks to chat with us about our experience!”
- Urbandale Mother “Our son felt bad about reading and writing for years before tutoring. Now, he understands that he can learn and be successful. He also understands that there is a reason it is so hard for him to learn the way others do. He looks forward to tutoring, and he has gained a tremendous amount of confidence as a student and a reader.”