We offer 4 summer reading programs to
- Kindergarten Readiness
- K – 3rd COVID CATCH-UP
- 4th -11th Grade Struggling Readers
- Brand New this year: Friday Fun Days (July 15, 22, 29 and August 5th)
Aspire Academy’s Summer Reading Programs address the reading weaknesses that occurred because of interrupted preschool, online teaching of key reading skills, and readers who struggle with decoding, spelling, and handwriting.
All of our programs:
- Deliver one-on-one, individualized instruction
- Systematic phonics instruction, reading accuracy and fluency, sight-word practice, spelling, and listening comprehension all in one, 10-part lesson
- Personalized to your child’s needs
- Three times per week
- 60 minutes per session
- For 10 weeks
- Designed for students Entering 1st – 11th grade
- June – August / Days and weeks customized for you
- Call 515-978-4312 to schedule!
- We can provide on-line instruction, as needed (click here for details).
Friday Fun Days
New this year, your child has the chance to participate in up to four Friday Fun Days. Students will be placed with other children of similar ages, reading levels and personalities and do their Wilson Lesson outside at a park. We recommend this replace a second lesson, or be a third lesson. They will be held July 15, 22, 29 and August 5th from 3:00 – 4:00. Students can sign up for as many as they can attend.
Reading Instruction by the numbers:
Two, one-hour sessions per week
10 weeks of reading instruction for the summer (one week off for vacation)
20 hours of total reading instruction
Three, one hour sessions per week
30 hours of reading instruction
Additional 10 hours of reading instruction
That’s 1.5 months more instruction than at 2 times per week
Three 90 minute sessions per week
4.5 hours of tutoring per week
45 hours of reading instruction for the summer
Additional 25 hours of reading instruction
That’s 3.25 months of additional reading instruction, and it could equal from 1-3 Wilson books depending on your child’s severity of reading struggles.
Kindergarten Readiness Includes:
To become a proficient reader, children must have mastery of very specific skills they might have missed due to interrupted preschool. We will ensure your child has the base skills to master the rigors of Kindergarten. Our program will:
- Ensure your child has letter sounds mastered
- Teach how to sound out words for reading and spelling
- Teach the heart-word method for learning sight words
- Teach how to add and subtract sounds in words for better spelling
- Focus on printing letters correctly and neatly
- One-on-one instruction, personalized to your child
- Three times per week, 45-minute sessions, for 10 weeks
- June – August / Days and weeks customized for you!
Every session contains the five building blocks of reading taught systematically, at your child’s pace, till they have mastered it.
Aspire uses the Wilson Reading System, the most popular and well-researched systematic phonics program in the United States. We are one of the few centers that provide 1-to-1 individual tutoring, not group tutoring! Your child will make gains faster when tutored individually, with the same instructor every time.
The American Academy of Pediatrics states that students who struggle to learn foundational reading skills need a systematic phonics program, delivered in a one-on-one setting, at the student’s pace to attain grade-level reading.
We can also screen your child for dyslexia, the leading reason children struggle with reading.
Call 515-978-4312 to reserve your spot today or fill out our online registration form by clicking below.